MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
Mixed Martial Arts is a full combat sport that allows both striking, clench fighting and grappling. The techniques used are from various Combat Sports/MMA such as, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Kick Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai and more. Here at SBG Ireland all our classes are delivered in fun and informative manner regardless of varying ability levels.
SBG Ireland is not just another Martial Arts or MMA training facility, and it is not just another gym. Training at SBG Ireland is something that must be experienced to truly understand the SBG motto “One Tribe, One Vibe”.
Facilities & Programmes
Our state-of-the-art facilities have large open mats, perfect for rolling classes. Along with a full-size octagon for the real experience of an MMA fight. Our curriculum includes MMA, Gi and No-Gi Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (submission wrestling), Boxing & Kickboxing, as well as self-defence, strength & conditioning and fitness courses. Each aspect of our unique curriculum has been specially designed to help you take your skills to their highest levels. As a member of SBG Ireland you will be joining a facility that has a legacy of innovation, experience and a proven record in both amateur and professional competition.
Don’t just take our word for it, see the list of recent MMA Awards SBG Ireland & Our Team have received:
Gym / Personnel Awards
- 2014 Gym of the Year(nominated) SBG Concorde
- 2015 Coach of the Year(nominated) John Kavanagh
- 2015 Trainer of the Year(nominated) Ido Portal
- 2015 Gym of the Year(nominated) SBG Concorde
- 2016 Gym of the Year(nominated) SBG Concorde
- 2016 Coach of the Year(winner) John Kavanagh
- 2013 Breakthrough Fighter of the Year(nominated) Conor McGregor
- 2013 International Fighter of the Year(nominated) Conor McGregor
- 2014 Comeback of the Year(nominated) Cathal Pendred Mike King
- 2014 International Fighter of the Year(winner) Conor McGregor
- 2015 Knockout of the Year(nominated) Conor McGregor José Aldo
- 2015 International Fighter of the Year(winner) Conor McGregor
- 2015 Fighter of the Year(winner) Conor McGregor
- 2016 Fighter of the Year(winner) Conor McGregor
- 2015 Featherweight Champion – UFC – Conor McGregor
- 2016 Lightweight Champion – UFC – Conor McGregor
If you’re interested in MMA, regardless of the level you want to get to, we have the right course for you.
- For those that are interested in MMA, but aren’t looking to share a fight card with Conor McGregor, we have MMA Fitness Training Sessions.
- For those that wishing to go professional, we’ve got intensive lessons in MMA, Gi & No Gi BJJ lessons, Wrestling, Boxing, & Muay Thai Classes.
Get in touch to find out what we can do to help you achieve your goals.